- Initially, Newby is the King of x86.
- The king is a figurehead; he has no real power
to make decisions.
- The king is in charge of doing stuff that
ordinary leaders can't, for example, passwords,
server maintenance, collecting votes.
- If for any reason the King can no longer fulfill
his duty, his successor will be appointed and become
the new King with all the power and
- If the King will be unavailable for any period
of time, he can appoint a representative to take
over his position in the meantime.
The representative will have the same power and
duties as the king, and must step down when the King
- If the King is unable to fulfil his duty, and
cannot appoint a successor (dead or imprisoned or
otherwise), a vote will be held for all members.
If the vote is a tie, and one of the potential
leaders has had previous leading experience, he will
be in charge. Otherwise, the potential leaders will
flip a coin, best 2 out of 3.
- The King cannot vote in elections.
- The King may vote, as a normal member would, on
- If a unanimous vote is made between members to
impeach the King, a new King will be voted on and
the current king must step down to be a normal
member or, by his own choice, leave the clan
- Unless otherwise stated by the specific rule, the
following rules comprise a single "vote".
- All leaders and active members get a single vote
- The votes are submitted to the King, who keeps them
- Votes last for 2 weeks, during which the members are
responsible for talking to the king.
- Voting is never required.
- Results are shown only AFTER the vote has completed,
and results are to ONLY include the number of votes for
each choice, and there should be no way to associate a
vote with a specific person or group.
- If a vote is ever a tie, the King will make the
deciding vote(s). The tie and the King's decision will
be indicated in the results.
- Votes are counted out of the total number of votes
not including people who don't vote. So if there is a
decision among 15 members with 6 yes/3 no, the decision
will favour yes.
- When an acceptance vote (ie, a yes/no to a change)
is necessary, a percentage must be specified in the rule
indicating the necessary ratio. For example, removing a
leader requires a 60% decision and a new member joining
- There are initially 3 leaders. If the clan has 40
- 69 members, there will be 5 leaders. If the clan has
70 or more members, there will be 7 leaders.
- If an election is held, and not enough to run the
clan run (less than 3, initially), they will all be made
leaders for the time being immediately. When more
people are interested in running, the King should call
an election and the proper number of leaders can be
- Each member gets the number of votes equal to the
number of possible leaders, so if 3 leaders are being
elected, each member gets 3 votes. These votes must be
for different people. Normal voting rules apply
- Any member may be a leader, if elected.
- To be elected, a member must express interest in
being a potential leader. If somebody doesn't wish to
be leader, they can't be voted for.
- Elections are held every 4 months.
- The King may "call" an election at any time.
- First election will be short, 2 days. Afterwards,
it is a standard 2-week vote.
- Members don't have to use all their votes.
- Members may not vote for themselves.
- The King may not be a leader.
- If a leader is being disruptive to the clan, a
vote may be held to remove them from leadership, per the
standard voting rules with a 75% approval required. If
the vote passes, they will become an ordinary
- A leader may voluntarely step down and become a
member at any time.
- If for any reason there is the incorrect number of
- if there are too few leaders, either because of
one stepping down, leaving, members joining, etc., a
normal election will be held to fill the
- if there are too many leaders, a normal election
will be held and new leaders will be voted on.
- All members are considered equal. There is no
concept of "seniority" or "novices".
- Members may be in clans besides this one.
- Members may be Active or Inactive.
- Members are expected to be in the channel
occasionally, and to participate on forums
- If a member is inactive either intentionally
(doesn't vote or spend time with the clan) or
unintentionally (away from the Internet for an
extended period), they will be placed on the
inactive list and will not participate in votes
until they return to activeness.
- A member may request to be moved to the active
or inactive list at any time.
- If a member is inactive for an extended period
of time, a leader may move them to the inactive
- If any member is being disruptive to the clan,
a vote will be held whether or not to remove them
from the clan, per the standard voting rules with
a 60% approval rating.
- A member may leave the clan at any time.
- A vote may be held (with 75% majority) to kick
a member out of the clan.
- Official channel is "op x86" on
- Member accounts will be safelisted.
- To have bot priviledges, members must wear clan
tags, [x86], after their name.
- Members may not ban or kick other members for
- Members are asked to respect guests,
particularely if they are friends of a member.
However, in the end, clanmates are given priority
over guests in the channel.
- If any member is, in the opinion of a leader,
abusing the bot, he will be warned to stop it. If
he continues, the leader may remove his access
temporarely or permenantly (at the leader's
- Before a vote is made, a member must get
approval of at least 75% of leaders, rounded off. As
usual, the King will be notified when approval is
recieved and will take care of moving the procedure
on when appropriate leader approval is reached.
- Leaders may take as long as they feel is
necessary to approve members.
- After the leader approval is gained, a vote is
held whether or not to accept the member, per the
standard voting rules with an acceptance of 75%
- The website will be made by and for members.
Leaders will decide who gets to work on the site,
and how it should look.
- Members are strongly encouraged to participate
on the forum, but it's not a requirement.
- Members may request that boards be added to the
forum, and will be added at the discression of the
- Members may request to moderate certain boards,
and will be given moderator status at discression of
- Moderation status may be removed at the
discression of the leaders.
- There is a private section of the forum that
only members have access to. Please keep any
discussions there private.
- There is a private section of the forum that
only leaders have access to. Keep in mind that,
because leaders change and the forum remains,
anybody can potentially have access to it
- If there are any disputes on interpretation of
any of these rules, the originally intention will be
decided by the King and any ambiguity will be
- If a change to any rule is required, the new
rule will be proposed and a vote will be held that
requires 75% member approval.
- If a rule should be added or removed, a leader
may propose a vote to do so. A standard vote will
be held, requiring 75% member approval. This rule
can't be removed for any reason, because that would
be too ironic and the universe might end.
- All Clan Disputes in the Channel are to be done
via whispers, we don't need our Clan's problems
being public news.
- All Clan Disputes in the Forums are to be kept
to Member Forums where leaders can deal with
- All Clan Disputes over IRC or any other Chatting
Programs are to be kept via PMs
- If you break one of the above rules in addition
to breaking a channel rule
(ie kicking/banning members) a more severe
punishment will be given.